ONLINE OR FACILITATED WORKSHOP
Learn how to get to the point quickly, succinctly, and with impact.
CASE STUDY 1
- The delegates meet a key stakeholder and document the discussion, and email the report to the editor.
IN4 WRITING MODEL ®
- We introduce the In4 ® model, advising the delegates the editor will be evaluating their work with this model in mind.
- Delegates score their own report against the model, and then evaluate their learning partner’s work
- Guidelines and exercises (E.g. Journalistic Principles, Superfluous Words) are introduced to instil effective writing practice.
- Delegates eliminate writing errors and create compelling documents
- Delegates receive their edited report with tracked changes and comments
- The editor explains the comments and suggestions via a one to one phone conference session
CASE-PROPOSAL MODEL ®
- Conditions; Assessment; Significance; End result Proposal – a structure applicable to most business cases
- Business rationale, Cost-Benefit Analysis, financial implications, business requirements, proposal features/benefits
BEHAVIOURAL STYLE ANALYSIS
- Delegates learn about behavioral styles and potential impact on their writing
EMAIL TECHNIQUES AND TIPS
- Email etiquette and the issues faced in using email to communicate
Created by accomplished Australian journalists and editors, “Writing with IMPACT” covers everything you need to know to create concise, logical documents that follow simple rules of grammar.
The learning outcomes are applicable to all forms of writing – blogs, emails, proposals, reports, board papers, journalism stories ……
More than 1000 people have experienced this training, with great results.
The material only takes about four hours to complete and the skills will last a lifetime.